This may or may not answer you correctly *Forgive me if I'm wrong*.

The F1 answer I don't understand either.

However I do understand the part about editing lilo.conf.

Just find that file on your harddrive, load it into an editor & edit it
so it reads:

linux=vmlinuz (default):nobiospnp.

Alternatively, in the Bios itself, turn OFF PNP if that is an option.
It has the same effect IIRC.

HTH
Femme