I've been having a problem in Linux and I have no idea where to look for the culprit.

My problem is that, periodically, while I'm online (and only when I'm online), the
system will get extremely sluggish to the point where I usually have to power down and
reboot.

When this happens, there are sounds like there's a lot of hard disk activity going on
and it never stops.

I've tried unplugging the modem, but it doesn't do any good.

Does anyone know why this happens?

cc

Register Chinese Character Domain Name- ONLY US$17/year!
100 Chinese Domain Names are registered every minute!
Time is clicking, what are you waiting for?
Go to  http://www.chinese-dns.com  Register NOW!!!

Verisign中文頂級域名現在熱賣中﹗
每分鐘都有100個中文域名被註冊﹐您還在等什麼呢﹖
每個網址美金17元/年﹗現在就到 http://www.chinese-dns.com  註冊﹗