On Sunday 17 March 2002 22:49, FemmeFatale wrote:
> Try www.codeweavers.com & use their WINE.  If you must, at least read
> about it there.

Femme Fatale is probably right.  Codeweavers is certainly the most
user-friendly Wine, as they have a GUI configuration tool, and it's also more
stable than hot-off-the-CVS-tree versions.  If it doesn't run the things you
want, try downloading the latest version of wine from winehq (actually from
dataparty, but the link is there).  Keep your old wine.conf somewhere safe!
I'm in the middle of downloading the latest version - I can let you know
results if you want.

I also compiled Transgaming Wine from source, but didn't have good results.
Maybe I configured it wrong, but it wouldn't run Max Payne as advertised
(there again, neither does Windows really, heh heh) and did really weird
things with very simple Win applications like Wordpad.

Robin