On Sunday 17 March 2002 14:39, you wrote:
> Not sure about cacheing name server, but I am beleive DNS is taken care of
> through my ISP.
>
> My box is a AMD 1.33 Ghz
> 512MB DDR
> Mandrake 8.1 running on a 4GB drive with
> 2GB /
> 200MB swap
> rest /home

Just a $.02 cents worth here, but  on a 4gig HD depending on what you have
installed there is not a lot of room left for things that are cached, like
cookies etc. so when the disk gets more than 50% full the seek times start
slowing, and at 80 to 90 % full you may see a noticable slow down.  Now this
is speaking from experience with my wifes windows computer and when she
clears cache in netscape and ugh-aol, the system speeds up again. So you
might give that a try when yours slows down. HTH
--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842