Thank you both Charles and Derek, that was a piece of cake.
Now that I know how it's done I shall have no hesitation in
downloading and installing new kernels in the future.
I also say , good old linux too.
You don't get to install new kernels in the other.

Again many thanks

John

--
John Richard Smith