On Saturday 23 March 2002 11:44 pm, you wrote:
> Hi
> I'm very newbie in linux and i want to configure a firewall in Mandrake
> 8.2. In Mandrake 8.0 i used to configure the firewall in Mandrake Control
> center -> security. But in 8.2 i can't find it under security. My internet
> connection is with ADSL, i'm home user and i'm connected about 10 hours a
> day. Thanks in advance
I guess the easiest way is to open a console and  type "su" and then give the
root password. then type "cd /sbin" and then at the prompt typ
"InteractiveBastille". This will start the dialog box and you can click
through a pretty good firewall installation. Don't select yes on one question
that has to do with limiting file sizes for users or something like that. You
should recognize it when it pops up. It will break your ability to use the
"su" function as a user. Other than that it is pretty straight forward. HTH

--
Dennis M.  linux user #180842