Hanan,

You can find out if it's running with the command (as root):

service bastille-firewall status

If it is and you want to try stopping it:

service bastille-firewall stop

(and of course .....start to restart it)

I suspect that this is not the problem however.  How are your IP
addresses and subnet masks set up?  Oh, and there are much better ways
than FTP - Samba would be the way to go.

HTH
Brian