On Sunday 24 March 2002 18:00, daRcmaTTeR wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 00:21:54 +0000
> Derek Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to
>
> ponder:
> > There is an RPM for OpenOffice on the 8.2 discs. That should go in OK
> >
> > derek
>
> Derek,
>
> What's the font support like in the OpenOffice package on the Mandrake Cd?
> I've seen a noticeable difference between OpenOffice and Star Office as far
> as doc appearence on screen where the fonts are concerned.

I have installed both OO and SO6beta and on my machine the fonts were
identical. Maybe you observed a difference because you had imported your
system fonts with one product and not the other?

To import your system fonts in SO6
as a user
cd ~/staroffice6.0  (or whatever your local directory is called)
./spadmin

select fonts and add from your /usr/share/fonts directory  select softlinks
to avoid wasting disc space.

To add fonts in Open Office cd to ~/.openoffice  and do the same thing.

derek