On Monday 25 March 2002 22:10, Miark wrote:
> Derek Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spoke thusly:
> > SNIP
> >
> > > BTW Derek, where did you find SO6 beta? i kinda miss it. stupidly
> > > deleted it thinking i would be able to download it again two
> > > days before Sun took it off their site...
> > >
> > > Damian
>
> From Sun: "Beta products are designed to run for a limited period of
> time and the StarOffice 6.0 beta product is set to expire on Sunday,
> March 31, 2002."
>
> You may as well get OpenOffice.

If you have a registered beta, they send you a patch to keep it operational
until the final version comes out.

Having used both the 6.0 beta and the current OpenOffice, I can't say there's
much difference, unless you use the Adabas database.  If anything, OO is a
bit faster and more reliable.  Nice to hear it's included in Mandrake now.

Robin