On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, FemmeFatale wrote:

> I got an answer & it was mostly for Asus motherboards
>
> Couldn't find out much else. Sorry
> Femme

Hi Femme...you weren't referring to me with this, were you? If so, thanks!
But I'm American, not Brasilian (though thanks to a 5 year relationship
with a Portuguese girl, I do know when I'm being henpecked in portuguese
;-)).

At this point, I'm looking at two motherboards - the Soyo Dragon Plus, and
the Asus A7V266-E/AA. Both the same price, according to Pricewatch, about
120 clams...at this point, I'm leaning toward the Asus...they are both on
AMDs XP recommended motherboards, but the Asus is listed as AMD Assured,
which gives it a slight edge. Anyone with a yea or nay for either board?
Annoyingly, both have integrated sound. I know, I know...I can turn it off
in the BIOS...but I just can't help but feel that something physically
attatched to the board could somehow make my life more difficult than it
needs to be.

--

peace,

Rog