On 17 Mar 2002 12:52, Nelson Bartley wrote:

 > Heyo,
 >
 > I've begun to develop an insterest in Linux programming and I was
 > wondering what applications, you as the linux beginner, are looking for?
 >
 > Setup files, scripts, GUI programs, anything, as I'm interested in
 > trying my hand at it.

I guess I am at the end of a long list now :-(

There is a really nifty Windows editor called Note Tab. The lite version
is free. Aside from being a pretty good standard text editor, it has the
ability to strip all html directives out of a downloaded page, leaving
pure text.  I have not found a linux editor which will do this. If
anyone knows of such a one please let us know about it.

There is another Win 9x editor called I think, Simple Edit.  It is
shareware and although it will strip html code it is not as nice an
editor in my opinion.

Cheers

John Montgomery