On Thursday 28 March 2002 07:37, shane wrote:
> "The campaign, called "We have the way out," describes Unix as an expensive
> trap. "No wonder Unix makes you feel boxed in. It ties you to an inflexible
> system. It requires you to pay for expensive experts. It makes you struggle
> daily with a server environment that's more complex than ever," one ad
> reads."
>
> sounds like my experience with microsoft.....

Fortunately I have been spared the MS server experience.  Even networking MS
PCs has been a giant headache.  Every so often, a PC decides it wants out of
Network Neighbourhood.  Once I rang our official techie (I'm just the office
alpha-geek) and asked her about the problem, to get the reply "Sorry, I don't
know much about networking, try the guy who runs our DNS server."  I ring him
and get the reply "Sorry, I don't know anything about Microsoft."

Robin