Hi Y'all

Another dumb newbie question.

I have this here floppy disk formatted for dos, with an entire website
on it. According to readings under both Windows and Linux it is 41% full.

Anyway in my tireless quest to do all my work in Linux and rid my box of
   Windoze forever, I did some work on the site using Netscape Composer
which involved adding a new page and graphics to the site.  So far, so good.

However, when I tried to save work to this disk, or copy files onto it,
I got messages informing me that the disk was full.

I copied the entire site onto an ext2 formatted disk without any
problems and carried on working, all worked saved and files copied, no
problem.

But I really wanted to have this stuff on a disk accessible by Windows -
not for myself so much as for other less enlightened people who need to
see the work before it goes on the web. So I tried to copy the whole lot
onto a blank floppy and woe is me, it still would not fit even though df
  told me that about 40 odd percent of the disk had been used.

Is this usual, or am I doing something wrong?  Maybe something is
reading these disks as though they were 720k disks, then again maybe not.

Any info gratefully received.

Power to the Penguin!

--
Graham Watkins

For me, morning begins when I realize that the soft warm body curled up
next
to me is a cat. (Kinky Friedman - Frequent Flyer)

Registered Linux user number 265254      http://counter.li.org