Heh, drop a BT8x8 tuner it in, or many other Bus Mastering controllers
and it will bite you.

Unfortunately I found this out the hard way on 6 different systems I
own.

The famous "clock timer" problem screws up DMA transfers on Via, &
AliMagik chipsets.

Abit, Asus, Gigabyte are all plagued by this...

-JMS