On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:06:07 +0200
"Dennis Dreesen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the ISO files: Mandrake82-cd1-inst.i586,
> Mandrake82-cd2-ext.i586, and Mandrake82-cd3-supp.i586 and burned them to a
> CD.
> In the installation file, it's mentioned that you can install Linux to a
> Windows folder, so you don't need another partition. It's ideal for a
> try-out, but speed decreases.
> However, when I use the command lnx4win, nothing happens. The folder lnx4win
> is missing on the CD.
> Is this normal?
> Can I find an ISO-image that does contain this folder?
>
> thanx in advance,
>
> Dennis

I Cc you because my answer is so late :( On the first Mandrake CD there is a
D:\INSTALL.txt file (in Windows, if the CDROM is the D drive) :

  2. Installing onto Windows 95/98/ME

   To install MandrakeLinux within a Windows folder, avoiding any disk
   partitioning, you should:
    1. Insert the first CD,
    2. Reboot the system,
    3. Press [F1] when the MandrakeLinux screen comes up,
    4. Type lnx4win at the prompt, then press [Enter]

   Follow the instructions shown on screen.

   Additional details on lnx4win can be found in the appropriate
   readme file.

Let us know if this fails!

    -Frans