On Friday 26 April 2002 7:10 pm, you wrote:
> While we are on the topic, I also installed KDE3, and it rocks.
> Played around with some of the icon settings and it looks great
> (Screen shot http://nixit.ca/KDE3.png ). Definitely making the switch
> (at least until Gnome 2 comes out).

It's strangely similar to my desktop :)

http://www.thebrixton.btinternet.co.uk/kde3desktop.png

(the font is Frutiger Linotype; you get it installed with Microsoft
Reader www.eu.microsoft.com/reader).

> One thing tho, everytime I login, the KDE startup wizard loads up and
> asks me a bunch of questions, how can I disable this. I tried through
> the wizard but it still loads up everytime I start KDE3. (THis is not
> the mandrake first time startup wizard).

This is a 'known bug' and the fix is near the bottom of this excellent
guide to KDE3 quirks:

http://mandrakeforum.com/article.php?sid=2048

"Create or edit the file '~/.kde3/share/config/kpersonalizerrc'. Put
this line into it:

FirstLogin=false"

Alastair
--