To reveal what a newbie I am... what's a restore and how do I do it? Pointing me to a
URL would suffice.

By the way, I have 3 sticks of DIMM memory. I've tried removing one stick at a time,
and shuffling the memory around to different slots, but the problem remains. I suspect
that we can rule out memory problems.

Perhaps the CPU is running hot? My motherboard can be monitored for temperature and
voltage. Can anyone recomend a program and instructions on how I can monitor these
things?
--
Warren Post
Santa Rosa de Copan, Honduras