On Sunday 28 April 2002 03:47 pm, you wrote:
> To reveal what a newbie I am... what's a restore and how do I do it?
> Pointing me to a URL would suffice.
>
> By the way, I have 3 sticks of DIMM memory. I've tried removing one stick
> at a time, and shuffling the memory around to different slots, but the
> problem remains. I suspect that we can rule out memory problems.
>
> Perhaps the CPU is running hot? My motherboard can be monitored for
> temperature and voltage. Can anyone recomend a program and instructions on
> how I can monitor these things?
Hi Warren, to get some idea of temp and fan speeds (just to make sure they
are running) I use Gkrellm.  If you load  "lm-sensors" and then in console do
"sensors detect" you can configure Gkrellm to show the cpu temp and such. It
is convenient though probably not super accurate. HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842