On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:59:11 -0700 dbota wrote:

>5.1 boot
>sequence a "Can't open: lib/modules/preferred/module.dep" message scroll
>by. I am worried it will affect the installation or operation of the app I
>will be installing.

See
http://faqchest.dynhost.com/linux/REDHAT/redhat-98/redhat-9809/redhat-980902/redhat98092003_10383.html
Perhaps that helps you:
>From that page:

Well, I am actually the local computer parts store. I got an Ovislink ISA
card that I would not have a clue how to get working, but if you think it
will work, tell me what driver to use, just compile kernel with NE2000?
About that bootup problem with /lib/modules/preferred/module.dep not being
found, well, I went and created that directory and put 2.0.30 modules.dep in
there and WALA the error went away. Didn't fix my delaying eth0 problem but
did boot cleaner.

hth,
Paul
--
Computers are like air conditioners.
They stop working properly if you open windows.

http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403
Linux Mandrake 8.2 - Sylpheed 0.7.5

Help Microsoft combat software piracy: give Linux to a friend today!