On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, FemmeFatale wrote:

> Brian Parish wrote:
> >
> > Kaj,
> >
> > Having just done this one myself and feeling very proud to have found
> > the solution in the errata without Femme having to tell me first, I can
> > assure you that geekiness is not a requirement.  Just download the patch
> > from:
> >
> > http://www.linux-mandrake.com/patches/8.2/k6/patch.pl
> >
> > copy it to a DOS floppy, press F1 at the start of the install, type
> > "patch" with the floppy in the drive and it all works.
> >
> > No beers required, but one wouldn't hurt!
> >
> > cheers
> > Brian
> >

> OK & I assume this only works for K6's?  If so... HM... thx for the info
> :)
>
> *files it away for future use*
>
> Btw I don't know everything... I Just try to point ppl in the right
> direction so they can help themselves a bit. ;p
>
> We should call you Mr. Perish :P  Because you seem to Perish the thought
> of having to reinstall & get a system going again.
>
> Femme

i don't normally just drop in on a thread like this, but sometimes having
to reload is like having to take a hemeroid supository with a front end
loader!

sorry... *sheepish grin* it's been a long day and I just couldn't help
myself.

--
daRcmaTTeR
If at first you don't succeed do what your wife told you to do

Registered Linux User 182496
  4:05pm  up 22:36,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00