Christian Wohlfahrt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> first post here, sorry to sound like a Linux dummy, but I am (not only a
> Mandrake newbie ;-)'

No such thing as a dummy here... After all you asked intelligent
questions.  That proves your theory wrong.

> So, I have managed to get 8.2 installed (after trying with RedHat, which
> seemed to dislike my partitioning...).
> I now have to work my way through all these Howto's, and I'd like to listen
> to some music while doing that.
> I found this player that looks like Winamp, buried deep in the "startmenu"
> somewhere. So far, so good.
> Now I have plenty of MP3's, but they are on a W2K NTFS partition, which I
> couldn't find with Konqueror (seems to me that this is the explorer
> counterpart, right?).
> If I understood correctly, I have to do something like mounting a drive or
> so, but I have no idea how to do that.
>
> My question: Is there another program (or package) that I need to do this?
> And if it's not worth an answer, can I find it in the HowTo's ?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Christian

I have 2 NTFS partitions.  Best solution I found for me was make a huge
FAT32 partition as a sort of DMZ for all OSes to read/write to. :)

I keep Mp3's, files, porn *Oops that slipped out*, etc on it.

You may try it using diskdrake or Partition Magic.

Enjoy!
--
Femme

Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert