On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, FemmeFatale wrote:

> Miark wrote:
> >
> > Downloader for X v2 is available today. I'm perfectly content
> > to download the tarball and install that, but it raised my curiosity as to how new
>software finds its way into Mandrake-specific RPMs.
> > Who does it? How long does it normally take?
> >
> > Miark
> >

> and what is this X v2?  Bleeding edge/cooker stuffs?

"Downloader for X" version 2 is a download manager ;-)

To answer Miark's question, I would say it depends on what program it is,
and more importantly how good it is. A lot of people like Downloader for X,
however others find it an overrated huge program, when in actual fact
downloading something shouldn't require a huge program. I personally use
ProZilla/ProzGUI because they are much simpler/smaller, and in my
experience much faster.

You could always create your own RPM's and uplad them to the Mandrake
Contrib ftp site, then maybe they will be included (I didn't know they
weren't already) ;-)

Greetings
Ralph

--