This also goes back to the heart of whether or not it is legal / ethical to
shut someone's system down.

Blocking access is one thing, trying to shut a server down is quite another
in my opinion.

I actually did have a script running that would sucessfully block out
pretty close to 100% of all
nimda related "infection" attempts via ipchains / hosts.deny .

On any server I run, I'm certainly not going to try to shut down the server
attempting to infect me.  If I did so, I'd be opening myself up to a
potential lawsuit from the company running the infected server.

Send an e-mail to their admin, or block off their access, but don't shut
their machine down.  It's a legally questionable move to do that.

Michael

--
Michael Viron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Core Systems Group