My friend,

I followed your lead and this is what came back

[root@Gavin2 gavin]# urpmi.addmedia --update Gavin2.localdomain
file://home/gavin/updates
usage: urpmi.addmedia <name> <url>
where <url> is one of
       file://<path>
hdlist>
       removable_<device>://<path>
Got me on this one..holla back when ya get a chance

Gavin