civileme wrote:

> Femme, are you running a K6-2?
>
> If so, try this
>
> Install 8.2 with
>
> F1 at splash screen
>
> and
>
> expert nopentium
>
> and then at bootloader time, Modify the append line to include nopentium.
>
> You should then be able to save.  This is an undocumented difference
> between k6-2 and pentium that was exposed by the new virtual memory code
> in the kernel and it brings about memory paging errors.
>
> Civileme

Ironically<? not?> I'm running a PIII 550.  On an ancient but reliable
BX board by Asus.  Otherwise I would have tried that while back when it
was mentioned on the list by Kaj.  *sigh*  Sorry thats not it.  And I
tried again the other day, configuring 3 terms (all E-terms) differently
& trying a few diff things with the menus.  Nada.  They all come up
transparent & no backgrounds or not the backgrounds I set when I turn
off the transparency.

--
Femme

Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert