This is my fstab for LM8.2:-

/dev/hda7 / ext2 defaults 1 1
/dev/hda9 /mnt/ext2-vol6 defaults 1 1
/dev/hda5 /boot ext2 defaults 1 2
/dev/hda1 /mnt/W2000 ntfs defaults 0 0
/dev/hda10 /mnt/ntfs-vol7 ntfs defaults 0 0
/dev/hda11 /mnt/ntfs-vol8 ntfs defaults 0 0
/dev/hda12 /mnt/ntfs-vol9 ntfs defaults 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
/dev/hdc        /mnt/cdrom      iso9660
ro,iocharset=iso8859-15,nosuid,noauto,exec,user,nodev   0 0
/dev/scd0       /mnt/cdrom2     iso9660
ro,iocharset=iso8859-15,nosuid,noauto,exec,user,nodev   0 0
/dev/fd0        /mnt/floppy     vfat
umask=0,sync,nosuid,user,iocharset=iso8859-15,noauto,nodev,codepage=850,unhide
0 0
/dev/fd1        /mnt/floppy2    vfat
umask=0,sync,nosuid,user,iocharset=iso8859-15,noauto,codepage=850,nodev,unhide
0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda8 swap swap defaults 0 0

I recently added the second line to mount at run time a spare ext2
partition which I wanted to use as a store for  downloads. It is
fine, and indeed I am able to write to this spare partition.

The only problem is that the run time script says"mount local files
system, mount fs type defaults not supported"  which seems to me that
it does not like my defaults 1 1 , I first chose 0 0 ,with the same
result , Can anyone suggest a setting that would be agreeable to
the boot script, or what am I doing wrong here. Note the spare
partition is just that , no OS.

John
--
John Richard Smith