On 13 May 2002 00:14:03 -0400
Nelson Bartley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Heyo,
>
> I need to configure AC-97 sound for my MSI KT3 Ultra motherboard.
> Unfortunately HardDrake doesn't know that the ALC650 chip by Realtek is
> supported by the AC97 sound driver, and didn't install any sound.
>
> If someone could walk me through how to set this up I'd greatly
> appreciate it.
>
> Nelson Bartley
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Well, I don't think there is an ALC650 driver on the Mandrake CD's.

There is a Linux driver dated 2002/4/16 at:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/htm/download/driver.asp
AFAIK it's a modified ALSA driver. It should come with instructions.

I think one of the future ALSA releases will support the ALC650. And I think
the next Mandrake release will just automagically support your card :) HTH,

    -Frans