On Thursday 16 May 2002 10:59 am, you wrote:

>     Don't hold your breath ;>   Besides the "Special relationships
> and binding contracts", nVidia is a major chip supplier to "you know
> who."  I seriously doubt nVidia would risk M$'s rath and subsequent
> loss of market (eg, video chips for the Xbox).  M$ doesn't want
> hardware working correctly on other than their OS.  Not to mention
> that M$ could kill nVidia just by slowing info that nVidia needs to
> write their Windoze drivers. It's a fact of life that they're willing
> to threaten, arm twist, and bully to keep it so.  IMO, a much greater
> crime than the integration of the IE browser and Media Player.
> http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=technologynews&StoryID=95928
>1

I was afraid of something along those lines. I would just love to see
somebody  (like Nvidia) publicy tell just what MS does... I mean, make a
commercial along the lines of:

"Well folks, today we are releasing all of our code and making it open
source, according to the guidelines of the GPL. We've not done this up until
now because we feared what MS would do to our business. Here are memo's
and other (various) messages from Redmond showing just how they have been
threatening us. We finally just became sick to death of all this and decided
to tell you, the buying American public, just what they have been doing.
Naturally now, we will be a target for them to use, abuse and withhold vital
information from, just so they can teach us a lesson. In fact, they will
probably destroy us. Is this right? You decide - and let your elected
officials know just what you think... Thank you for your time"

Ah well - guess nobody else sees that if they did this, then MS would be
forced to leave them alone, because of the scrutiny that would be brought to
bear on them... I can dream, I guess... ;-)

--
                                                                          /\
                                                                   Dark><Lord