Just spent a couple of days (off and on) trying to install the new ELX distro
that is supposed to be so like windows that everyone will use it. Well I
wouldn't hardly install on a 4gig HD so I went to the 8gig HD and installed
it there. Everything seemed to go well but once it rebooted it would not give
me a xserver. No GUI.  I have tried several different ways to get it going
and no matter what I get the old font error message.  The whole thing is a
long way from "intuitive" and in my estimation, only a experienced linux user
will be able to install it successfully, beginners luck not included in that
statement.  The whole attempt just to see where they were at with ELX has
made me appreciate Mandrakesofts' efforts all the more. We can complain about
the little things, mostly our own doing and some due to hardware configs,
but, as a general rule, MANDRAKE LINUX 8.2 ROCKS!  IMHO. and just my two
cents worth.  I probably will never know what the ELX distro looks like. Oh
well, cheers
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842