On Saturday 18 May 2002 17:23, Dennis Myers opened a general hailing
frequency and transmitted to all open stations:

> Just spent a couple of days (off and on) trying to install the new ELX
> distro that is supposed to be so like windows that everyone will use it.
> Well I wouldn't hardly install on a 4gig HD so I went to the 8gig HD and
> installed it there. Everything seemed to go well but once it rebooted it
> would not give me a xserver. No GUI.  I have tried several different ways
> to get it going and no matter what I get the old font error message.  The
> whole thing is a long way from "intuitive" and in my estimation, only a

sounds just like windows to me.  it may catch on.  :)

--
"'Tis some script kidd3z," I muttered, "tapping at my server port-  Only
this, and nothing more."  - Edgar "root" Poe.

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
Mandrake Users Club Member http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/club/