Current disk/partitions:

        - two identical IDE drives configured in master/slave configuration
        - master has one primary partition (hda1) with Windows
        - slave has one primary partition (hdb1) and one extended partition containing
4 logical partitions
        - the 4 logical partitions on the slave drive have all my linux filesystems.

        So:

        /dev/hda1       Windows  FAT    C:
        /dev/hdb1       Windows  FAT    D:
        /dev/hdb2       Linux         extended
        /dev/hdb6       Linux         ext2      /
        /dev/hdb7       Linux         Swap
        /dev/hdb8       Linux         ext2      /home
        /dev/hdb5       Linux         ext2      /apps

I am planning to remove Windows completely.   I was hoping to use diskdrake to
reformat hda and create one primary and one extended partition

Questions:
1.  Once I am done with that, how do I correctly move the root filesystem  from hdb6
over to the newly created primary partition on hda.

2. Also, how do I go about configuring lilo and fstab to reflect the changes.

3. Is all of this neccessary or should I just reinstall 8.1 after reformatting hda?

Thanks in advance for your help

--
Prashant Nayak
[EMAIL PROTECTED]