Thomas Beno wrote:

> I downloaded Real Player 8 for Linux file rp8_linux_alpha_rh62_cs1.bin
> According to Linux Newbie.com all I was supposed to do was double click
> on the file and it would install.  Well, since it didn't, I have not
> done something right or I've done something wrong.  Either way, I am not
> installing the program.  Did I download the wrong version of the
> program?  Am I not using the correct procedure to install a binary file?
> I would really appreciate some help with this.  I am and probably will
> be for some time a newbie to Linux.
>
> Tom Beno

  I got rp8.linux20.libc6.i386.cs2.rpm (via CNET's download page I
think) and installed it from the command line with rpm -iv (earlier
versions should be removed  first.

--
Graham Watkins

For me, morning begins when I realize that the soft warm body curled up
next to me is a cat. (Kinky Friedman - Frequent Flyer)

Registered Linux user number 265254      http://counter.li.org