On Monday 20 May 2002 04:50 pm, you wrote:
> On Mon, 20 May 2002, Charlie wrote:
> > An interview with the Peruvian Congressman that made MS's local chief
> > look so stupid. That's my opinion of the rebuttal to the "Man from MS" at
> > any rate.
> >
> > >From Linux Today:
> >
> > http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2002-05-20-006-26-IN-LF-PB
>
> I'm sorry, but making an MS official appear stooopid isn't that hard of a
> task these days. ;)  please don't misunderstand me here. I'm bashing the
> OS, rather the cheese-doodles that are running the company. they are just
> plain wacked!

Ah, but once again Microsoft makes it easier for the user. Now you don't have
to waste your time making MS executives appear stupid. No, they'll do it for
you. Here's an article on today's Slashdot from the
shooting-yourself-in-the-foot department:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/05/20/2124248&mode=thread&tid=109
If you follow the link (it's a week old -- Slashdot must be losing their
edge), Jim Allchin (Group VP of platforms at MS) told the court that since
Microsoft code is so damn buggy and insecure, releasing it to the
public would reveal security problems that could lead to the end of Life, the
Universe, and Things Like That. Gosh, open source used to be just a cancer
and communistic -- now it's a terrorist thing, too. More proof of the old
adage, "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."
-- cmg