On Thursday 23 May 2002 11:55 am, Charlie opened a general hailing frequency
and transmitted to all open stations:

> Or are they just as dumb as they often appear? People are starting to
> learn what FUD means through "mainstream media sources" now. This can't
> bode well for the future of proprietary/closed source software; can it?

i think we all look at recent events.  in the last little while, MS has been
found guilty of abuse of a monopoly, is in court again with taiwan, and the
EU, and has been convicted of piracy.  they lost their "lindows" suit, and
their "most secure OS ever" has proven easy to hack.  they threatened
audits for schools in oregon and iowa, and not only did the oregon schools
stand firm till MS backed down, but according to one report (haven't
confirmed this) 16 of the school districts in iowa dumped windows for a
linux network.  peru, germany, china, and other countries are suddenly
pushing _any_ OSS solution.  now the pentegon?

it has been a rough year for MS.  i feel bad.  i might remove my anti-MS sig
files.......

and i might start using XP too.  if they hold a gun to my head.

--
...so Mr. Gates, in short, the reason I am not using your software is that I
have upped my standards.  So up yours.

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98