On Thursday 23 May 2002 05:05 pm, Ricardo Marques wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having a very strange problem. This problem is occurring in all my
> computers. I turn on my machine and after a while the focus of pointer is
> shifted to right. When I want to click in a button, I have to look for a
> position (move to right side) to click. Sometimes I have to click outside
> of button. It depends on of size of the button. It's occurring with tree
> different kinds of machines. They have different processors, motherboards,
> BIOS, video cards, etc. I'm working with Mandrake 8.2 and KDE. Thanks in
> advance for any help.
>

> Ricardo Marques Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
> http://explorer.msn.com

Ricardo, maybe you have different processors etc. etc., but I'll bet you have
Trident graphics ! - This phenomenon is well known. The solution is simple :

You'll have to edit the file "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4" as root. In this file,
there is a section called "Graphics device section". Find it and then remove
the hash-mark (#) in front of "Option  "sw_cursor". (Which means to
"uncomment" this option, thus enabling the software-cursor). Save the file
and restart X. That's all.

For a more "in-depth" explanation, search the list-archive for something like
"Trident Cyberblade".

If still in trouble, feel free to mail me privately, I'll work you through.
But please have some patience, 'cause I'm only on-line a few minutes each
evening, CET.

BTW  - I find that sig of yours (not your name, of course) disgusting - ;-)

Kaj Haulrich
Denmark