On Thursday 23 May 2002 14:45 pm, Joseph Braddock wrote:
> > I don't know if this will help, I found a similar problem although I am
> > using 8.2 and kooka works with my scanner.
> > I found that if I opened konsole from the toolbar and then with that
> > konsole still open I tried to access other icons nothing happened with
> > those other icons.
> > If I opened say konqueror and kmail and home all was o.k, but if at any
> > point konsole was open from the taskbar all other icons were inactive.
> > When I closed konsole I got the message KDEinit could not launch
> > 'konsole--noxft' so I deleted the --noxft switch. Now with konsole open
> > the taskbar icons behave properly.

> > Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
>
> This is a known bug and is well documented on Mandrake's web page.  The
> quick fix is to delete the konsole icon from the task bar.  Next create
> a new one on the desktop.  You can then drag and drop it onto the task
> bar and all will be well.
>
> Joe

I wasn't aware that it is known bug (writes note: "must check Mandrakes web page more
often")
Your solution is almost the same as mine but I dragged from the menu to the desktop
edited the new desktop icon and then dragged it to the taskbar, I like to be different
:-)
However, (and again this might be known, I haven't checked) I have found that when I
did an install without Kde 2.2.2 and then installed Kde 3.0 afterwards taskbar icons
worked properly and no "--noxft" errror, so it appears to be an issue between 2.2.2 &
3.0

--
Poogle......... Derby,England ---- Linux MDK 8.2 with
kernel 2.4.18-6 mdk using Kmail 1.4

  6:56pm  up 54 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.04, 0.12, 0.15