i got the modem driver pctel-0.9.2 and i followed the steps but after i type make it says to give a hal so i gave it i810 and then it goes on and stops at "linux kernel:too many arguments" and then says i must install kernel version 2.4.0 so i downloaded 2.4.0 and its like 23.3mb and i cant fit it on a floppy cause of the size and i cant burn cd's cause i cant find the driver for my cd writer and i dont know how else i can get it from windows2k to linux(I'm dual booting) and i also tried downloading the version of the pctel driver 0.8.6 and when i format a floppy to put it on the floppy only has 1.38mb space(odd cause its a 1.44mb floppy..go figure) and that wont work cause the floppy needs to be at least 1.42mb so im like going nuts here tryin to figure out ways to get the kernel or driver over to linux from win2k and nothing im doin is working =\ guess linux wasnt for me...