On Saturday 25 May 2002 15:41, you wrote:

> [...]

I cannot be certain, I don't use AOL, but if it's anything like one
of my email address where a similar "you must use our install
software dictate " prevails, I just ignore it, I assume you still
have your windows configuration, then just go there and copy down all
the entries in OE , in tools- accounts, and in the dialup dialogue
-settings, takes a bit of hand writing but when your got it all
together on a couple of sheets of paper go back to Linux and use the
info. Believe me you will not get it right first time. Just keep
playing around with it eventually you will not only be able to log on
and surf the net but also download and sendyour emails.

Once you have it right , then back up the .rc file in home directory
for your emailer and browser. Then in future all you need to do is
overwrite those files each fresh new OS install. Dead quick and
simple. It's easier than M$.

John

--
John Richard Smith