[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I,m new to linux and didn,t understand what someone was trying to tell
> me the other day.I have two system,s a Win2000 and built a linux box to
> learn on so not to have to duel boot after getting the linux box running
> I haven,t be able to connect thur cable internet ISP and I have the
> windows information right next to it net card shows ok everthing looks
> right but no connection .someone wrote and told me I could access thee
> internet thur the 2000 system that would be ok I can only get on one at
> a time but I,m wanting to access the internet with the linux box not
> access the files on the win2000 box.Can somebody clear this up for me.

In order to do what you're talking about you must enable Connection
sharing on the win2000 box. The process is wizard driven so it should be
fairly straigh forward. I do know that it's fairly easy on a Mandrake
machine, and I've heard that it can be a pain to do on a windows machine.

At any rate you can do what you want to do.

Mark