On Thu, 30 May 2002, D. Olson wrote:

> Did anyone try this yet? I was considering buying it tomorrow, but I hear
> that it is pretty hacked together...
>
> If it is good, then I will get it. Hey, what's another Native Linux game to
> add to my collection? Unreal is like $10 here or something.

:) believe me when I tell you it is the best $10 dollars you will have
ever spent on a game to run in Linux. Provided you're not going to try and
run on a machine less then a PII with at least 128MB of RAM and a vid card
with less then 16MB of memory on it.

as for Unreal itself you will have to get the version that installs in
windows and then download the Linux binary to install what's on the CD's
to your Linux system. It looks and plays exactly the same in Linux as
it does in windows thanks to OpenGL. Loki has done a spectacular job on
this game.

if you get the CD's labeled UT_GOTY let me know. there is a specific
binary that you'll need to run to install the game correctly. I have it
here at home and can stick on the FTP server for you no trouble at all.

--
Mark
a.k.a. daRcmaTTeR