daRcmaTTeR wrote:

> On Thu, 30 May 2002, s wrote:

> > > No, someone hacked the UT installer and made it so you can use Unreal in
> > > Linux now too. I am told at MUB that it is really cool, so I am looking to
> > > get it now.

> > > I have a tutorial on installing UT on my site.
>
> Hi s,
>
> since I haven't been able to get Quake running in Linux yet I don't really
> have anything to compare it to. :( I have noticed though that there are a
> few bugs in the Linux version of UT that don't exist in the windows
> version.  for some reason if I use two directional keys at the same time
> as I'm often used to doing to move forward and sideways at the same time
> the strafe left or strafe right actually get stuck in the game and at tmes
> it's not easy to get unstuck. this normally results in my character
> getting fraged. Once my characters guts are all over the wall though the
> game straightens out. I've also noticed a difference in the mouse
> behavior. It seems to take more travel to achieve the same results as
> compared to windows game play.
>
> any thoughts or comments?
>
> --
> Mark
> a.k.a. daRcmaTTeR
> ------------------

For windows there were patches released to get rid of these bugs.  Try
to see if its the same for Linux.

As for the mouse hm...if its like Q3, you might try setting your mouse
speed in the game higher.

--
Femme

Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert