On Sun, 2 Jun 2002 20:40:41 +0200
Bart Salien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Op Sunday 02 June 2002 00:42, schreef u:
> I have the same problems with my DVD reader under Xcdroast , there are
> some previous mailings about this subject that say you should let this
> reader work a a scsi emulated drive , i couldn 't get it to work .
> So i can 't realy help you , it might give you an ide if your not as
> newbie as i am.

For either a cdrom or a dvd You must add hdx=ide-scsi for that drive to
lilo append.
Xcdroast or any other burning program will then be able to 'see ' the
drive.
Adding the scsi emulation Will change the mt point for that drive and
any other removals which follow it on the chain.

Example:
cdrom/dvd-master-hdc-/mnt/cdrom will become /mnt/scd0
cdrw     -slave -hdd-/mnt/scd0 will become /mnt/scd1

Additionally with a dvd linkage will need to be changed in order to
access thru any dvd player.
>From example above the following would need to be entered
# ln -s scd0 /dev/dvd

    Charles