I am running:

Mandrake 8.2, KDE3, IceWM, XFree86 4.2.0.

Hardware:
P166 MMX
64 Mb Ram
120 Mb Swap
S3 Virge 2D card
Monster3D Voodoo1 3D card
Dual boot with Windows 98se using graphical LILO.

My computer seems to randomly freeze up. It stops responding to everything (mouse,
keyboard, CTRL+ALT+BKSPC). This only happens when I am running X11. I haven't found a
pattern that shows a specific app causing the freeze. I have had combinations of
IceWM, KDE2.2 and 3, running combinations StarOffice5.2, Konquoror, FreeAmp, and
Ogg123, open when a crash occurs. I don't think that its a hardware issue, as this
never happens under Win98SE, and HardDrake properly detected all my hardware. I have
tried looking in some log files in /var/log to find a pattern. No luck.

My questions:
1. Is there a systematic way to detemine what is causing the crashes?
2. What specific log files should I look at?
3. Anyone else had this problem? Fixes?

Thanks,

Andrew

Get your own "800" number