On Monday 03 June 2002 11:47 pm, darklord wrote:
> Anyone been able to get the latest version of Mplayer to compile with v8.2
> of Mandrake? I've compiled and used it just fine under 8.0 and 8.1 but not
> now.
>
> I used:
>
> ./configure --enable-gui --disable-gcc-checking

> Result is: Your gcc does not support even "i386" for '-march' and '-mcpu'.
>
> Any ideas anyone? I did check Mplayers site as well and it looks like they

> I also searched the newbie archives for "mplayer" and "gcc" but didn't get
> any helpful results.
>
> Thanks in advance...

Weren't you having trouble with your compiler?  Cause that what it sounds like
to me.  I installed that new mplayer on 8.2 the other night with:
./configure --disable-gcc-checking --enable-gui --disable-runtime-cpudetection

I think you can install gcc 3.x and just use it on the fly with
something like: ./configure --cc=/usr/bin/gcc-3.01 (or whatever version
number).

But your gcc is still goofed up is my guess.  I made... er... <cough>... got
an rpm of it, you want I should mail it to you?
-s