On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 10:33, Roland Hughes wrote:
> I went through the same thing and what cured it for me was updating the
> cups server and various other cups related software using mandrake
> update.
> Roly
>
> On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 04:51, Azrael wrote:
> > I guess I must seem to be "Mr Problem A Day - just installed mandrake"
> > chap... but here goes.

Only one problem a day!  That's not even trying ;-)

In case Roland's advice was not quite specific enough, let me suggest a
list:

cups-drivers-1.1-48.1mdk.i586.rpm
foomatic-1.1-0.20020323mdk.i586.rpm
printer-filters-1.0-48.1mdk.i586.rpm
printer-testpages-1.0-48.1mdk.i586.rpm
printer-utils-1.0-48.1mdk.i586.rpm

rpm -Uvh those and you should be in business.

HTH
Brian