-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of civileme
Sent: Thursday, 6 June 2002 6:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] xcdroast help

Heather Reed wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have just installed xcdroast (together with cdrecord). When I try to
> open it, I get a message telling me to configure as root, but no info
> as to what to configure where or how. I can't seem to get to a help
> file though, and am totally confused :-(( I have looked at various
> howtos on the net, but they are way above me I'm afraid. Can anyone
> out there give me, or point me to and idiots guide (and believe me, in
> this I am an idiot :-))? I am running 8.2, and have a memorex IDE
> rewriter installed, which is being picked up by harddrake OK. it is my
> only CD drive, and I hate having to reboot into windows (grrrrr) to
> burn CDs. Alternatively, a pointer to other CD burner apps that might
> do the job as well and be easier to get going (if such things exist)
> would do just as well.
>
> Any help would be gratefully received.
>
> Ta muchly
>
> Heather

Just open a terminal window

$ su
password(insert your root password)

# xcdroast

Now you will be at a setup screen--click on the tabs to set up the area
of your hdd where you will burn from, the CDR or CDRW, and maybe a CD
reader, and the users who have access to burn

Click Save
click Quit

now you can use xcdroast from those users you gave access....

But remember to set up your security updates and go out there and update
it...  There are updates.

Civileme