On Saturday 08 June 2002 08:10 am, darklord wrote:
> On Friday 07 June 2002 07:53 pm, you wrote:
> >    I ust'a think the same, but lately burnin from the CL is
> > easier, quicker, and safer than any GUI.  I recently thought
> > Gcombust to be the most reliable, it's since proved me wrong :(
> > Then I discovered how quick and simple it was to burn from the
> > CL.
>
> Its been so odd about GUI frontends for burning here. Under 8.0, I
> used Koncd which worked great. Then, under 8.1, Koncd was broke so
> I used X-CD-Roast which worked great. Now under 8.2, X-CD-Roast
> won't see any CD in my DVD drive (reader) and I've been using
> Gcombust which (so far) has worked fine. What problems did you have
> with it Tom?

     When I'd try to load up a dir, Gcombust (and eroaster too IIRC)
would skip one or two files sayin they didn't exist.  'Course they
did and I could burn a CD of all the files usin the CL. Any of the
various GUI's froze up at one time or another, usually while
selecting files, or making the image to burn. I use to like Koncd,
but haven't had any luck gettin it to run since Mdk7.2.  Now I can
start to burn a CD in less time than most GUI's take to load just by
typing 'bdcd' <cd_image>, 'bacd' (in the dir where the wav's are), or
'biso' <filename>.iso   I just got tired of foolin with GUI front
ends. I suspect most all of 'em just haven't kept up with bleeding
edge distros like Mandrake.

alias bdcd="cdrecord -v -eject speed=8 dev=0,0 -data"
 (need to make cd_image first, eg, 'mkisofs -r -o cd_image <dir>')
alias biso="cdrecord -v -eject speed=8 dev=0,0"
alias bacd="cdrecord -v -eject speed=8 dev=0,0 -pad -audio *.wav"
--
    Tom Brinkman                    Corpus Christi, Texas