On Sunday 09 June 2002 10:06 am, you wrote:
> On Saturday 08 June 2002 04:21 pm, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    I've had excellent results with xcdroast,last three Mandrake releases.
> > No problems at all. Pentium IV 1.5 gigahertz, GA-81DX mobo,Cendyne
> > 16x10x40x burner.Currently running MDK 8.2. Had a lot of problems before
> > I bought this burner. Just my 2 cents worth.
> >   Dan
>
> Hi there, Dan! Well, I had used Xcdroast under 8.1 and was very happy with
> it there, and under 8.2, I used it to burn files to CD's with no probs.
> either. It was just when I went to duplicate a CD that it fell down. I've
> got an Adaptec SCSI card, running a Toshiba DVD and a Plextor CDRW.
> Xcdroast finds both, has them in correct positions on the SCSI chain, but
> will not read any CD in my DVD drive. It always reports that its an empty
> CDRW. Gcombust, under this same setup works fine. I even deleted Xcdroasts
> conf files and started over just in case. Still no go - and this is as
> root, or with the user I had setup... Don't forget, this same exact setup
> worked just fine under 8.1 so I dunno...
>
> I'm glad its working for you though, I did like it! :-)

Hi,
   Guess I just got lucky with a hardware combination that the software
likes.  I previously had an older Mitsumi burner,had a lot of problems with
it. I like the nice frontend for cdlabelgen that Gcombust has. Haven't used
it for burning though.

Dan

--
  5:20am  up 5 days, 13:24,  2 users,  load average: 1.01, 1.15, 1.12