On Sunday 09 June 2002 10:43 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> My new scanner, Epson Perfection 1650, works beautifully under Mandrake
> 8.2.  It was the easiest install I have ever done under any OS.  It
> required a downloaded driver from the Epson site, but it installs
> without any problems whatsoever.  From a shell, running iscan runs a
> GUI, and the only criticism I could make is that it only offer pnm and
> png as file types - not a major problem.
>
> To run the scanner under gimp, however a symbolic link has to be made.
> The instructions say it needs
>
>    ln -s /usr/bin/iscan ~/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins
>
> The path for iscan is correct, but I need to adjust the gimp path.  Can
> anyone please tell me exactly where gimp plugins go in Mdk 8.2?
>
> TIA
>
> Anne

Exactly where it says ~/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins

~  means your home directory.  When you start gimp for the first time it will
create ~/.gimp-1.2

A Tip for you : If you want to find files the quickest way is to use the
command line utility 'slocate'  It is on the slocate RPM
slocate will run a background job daily to maintain a database of where every
file resides on your computer.

Also with your scanner doesn't it work with xsane or kooka? They will give you
all sorts of file formats.
Scannerdrake from Mandrake Control Centre lists your scanner as supported by
xsane  It should be able to configure it without downloading any driver.
There is also an xsane plugin for gimp which will allow you to scan from
inside gimp.

derek