On Sunday 09 June 2002 15:33, you wrote:
I have the same MoBo as you but with the raid controller which I
disable in bios.

I am curious , what is a WD  drive, IDE or Scsi ?, my mobo sees my
drive correctly, but then the size is never as much as the
manufacturers  claim . I wonder whether this WD drive of yours needs
something to enable your OS to recognise it properly.Do mandrake or
linux have any websites on the subject.

The  "extended Partition 2 does not end on cylinder boundary:
         phys=(1023, 15, 63) should be (1023, 254, 63)" happened to
me when I too used more that one partition tool, and it was one of
the reasons why I bought partition magic to do all my partitioning
and I noticed it makes a better job of measuring h s c so that when
you choose a partition size it goes for the nearest neat ending in h
s c, but I don't think it has to be PM ,any good partitioning tool
will do so long as you stick to it. These are only my personal
impressions and I cannot say other people have confirmed it, but if I
can avoid it I no longer use the old dos fdisk, it is behind the
times, especially with the larger modern hard drives.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]